Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Embarrassing Moment

See this goofy girl?


This one right here?

Yes. The Beanarina.

She embarrassed me good over dinner.

Todd missed out.

He was in Mobile, Alabama with his Men's USTA team for sectionals (where all the state championship teams/winners play the other state winners).

But my boss didn't miss out. She was over for dinner and enjoying getting to know our kids better in their natural and sometimes wild environment.

While we were eating, Owen complained that his tongue hurt.

From the hot chocolate he drank.

A week ago.

I told him his tongue didn't hurt from the hot chocolate, but probably from constantly running his tongue between his snaggle teeth. Those snaggle teeth that are still brand new and razor sharp because they're so new (he's got four of them in now and space for the 5th to push through). Ozanna (my boss) echoed that those new teeth are sharp as razors.

Owen wanted to know what a razor was, so I reminded him it is was Daddy uses to shave his face. Owen nodded knowingly.

Then Chloe piped up. Or like what Momma uses to shave her buh-gina.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

My child? Just said that? At the dinner table? With my boss?

I'm sure my face was red as Christmas. But we laughed. We laughed hard.

Chloe thought she was pretty clever and sat with a smug smile on her face as she looked from Ozanna to me and back at Ozanna as we laughed. Then Chloe said, "I said that because I wanted to make you laugh."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Ozanna thanked me for a wonderful evening and told me she loves our kids before she left.

While I was getting the kids ready for bed, Chloe and I had a chat. She now knows the difference between bikini lines and buh-ginas. And that we probably shouldn't talk about either at the dinner table.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails