Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Early Birthday Celebration

Papa Ford drove up this morning to spend the afternoon with us.  College football was watched, as were photography video tutorials.  A dishwasher repair was attempted, but was ultimately delayed while parts are being ordered.  And then, Papa Ford made ribs for my birthday dinner.  Woot!  He tried to change them up on me and mess with my birthday dinner by using a different barbecue sauce, but I pitched a stink and he ended up doing half with his sauce and half with the Maul's barbecue sauce I love.  Thanks Dad for not messing up my ribs (although your new sauce is a good back-up for when we run out of Maul's)!

He also brought along an Italian Creme Cake that was soooo delicious.  It might be my breakfast later this week.  I love that I'm still his kid and can get the 'kid' number candles on my cake when Dad comes to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails