Discovery Point held an early celebration for Mother's Day. The set out cookies, tea and punch. And tons of artwork was displayed everywhere. On the tables. Along the walls. Hanging from the ceiling. The kids in the preschool classes and after school all had artwork on display for their moms.
I love the ears that Chloe drew for me. She acknowledged that she didn't draw hands or feet for me and seemed disappointed in herself. I thought all the details were wonderful. The colors in the eyes. The teeth in the smile. Long hair and a colorful shirt. She has been writing my name for well over a year. Chloe can write the name of almost all family members and many of her friends' names.
This was a large collage made on a piece of cardboard. She painted it, covered it in glitter and glued popsicle sticks and feathers to it, as well as buttons and bows. Chloe was so proud of this piece of artwork!
Owen made this decoupaged mirror for me and was so pleased when I told him I was going to put it in my office (since I don't have a mirror in there) and can use it every day.
Chloe also drew this shark for me. It is a very friendly shark, as evidenced by all the hearts. My girls loooooovvvveeeeesssss to draw hearts. She draws hearts on everything. And stars. But mostly hearts. I love her little hearts and the look of concentration on her face as she draws them.
The Grandmas came along to see their artwork and enjoyed watching the kids run around outside on the playground. I like my Mom's new hair cut and can't believe my Grandma is 91. She doesn't look like it, does she?
I always worry that when the kids jump up to give my Grandma hugs and kisses, they will knock her down. But she manages to keep her balance as she leans over to their height.
Chloe also made this butterfly for me for Mother's Day.
Both kids were so proud to point out their artwork and special little details that they added in on each piece. They made me feel so special. It was nice that their teachers made time for the kids to make special Mother's Day gifts.







No comments:
Post a Comment