Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Todd's Birthday and Chloe's pre-Kindergarten Graduation

I think this is the first birthday of Todd's in several years that we didn't take the day off from work to celebrate or go out for lunch.  We were both slammed with work.  We picked up the kids and headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant and met the Grandmas and Aunt Kiki for dinner before Chloe's graduation ceremony.  She fell at school the day before and had this wonderful scrape on her face. :(

Happy Birthday my Honeys.  I love you so much and am thankful that I have been able to celebrate your last 11 birthdays with you.  Wow!  You were really young 11 years ago!!  I don't care if 45 gets you in the tennis seniors leagues, you're still young and handsome and smart to me.  And you make me laugh.  Still.  I couldn't ask for more.

Owensk, you look just like your Daddy!  I can't wait to see how much you look like him as you get older.

Love this pic of Chloe looking at her Grandma Eloise!

Before Chloe walked into school to get ready for the ceremony with her class, she hammed it up outside with Megan and Catherine (Pauly and Janice's twins).  I had fun asking them to make their silly faces, their sad faces, their scared faces and the faces of Kindergarteners.  They had fun making faces and I had fun with the interactions, although I gave up as other parents stood behind me asking them to smile and I lost eye contact.





When it was time to go inside, we saw balloons galore and then a hanging fabric filled with diplomas for the kids.  I don't remember anything like this for me until I graduated from high school!

Here is Ms. Maggie holding Chloe back until it was time to walk out for her diploma.

Aaaaaand the walk....

Look at that cute blue hat!  With a tassel!

The kids performed a little song and dance for us.  Chloe stood next to her good friend Bridget.




After the ceremony, cake and punch were served.  Chloe got at least one slice of cake, if not two.  Little sneak!

Aunt Kiki was gone before I could get pics of her with the kids.  Owen was all over the place with his friends and likely sneaking cake.  But I did manage to get this shot of the Grandmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails