But first, the day started off with snuggles and all I could see were little feet poking out.
Once everyone was awake, I was out on the boat with my guys. Owen sat on Todd's lap as we rushed to the fishing spot. It was our last day to fish before our licenses expired, so there was no dilly-dallying!
It couldn't have been a more perfect day for being outside.
These two were enamored with my fishing rod and then my shoe. I tried to get their pics when they landed on my left hand a few times, but they were faster than my picture-taker-finger.
I caught a little sunny that was a keeper. If I have ever caught one before that was a keeper, it's been many years.
After 45 minutes of fishing, Owen was bored and wanted to go back (read as: fishing was slow and it's no fun if you're not reeling them in every two and a half minutes). But he was stuck because with only an hour to go on our fishing licenses, we weren't making any runs back to the dock. So the boy took stock of his tacklebox inventory.
I don't think I caught any croppies this afternoon, but I did pull in three baby perch. Or perhaps it was the same baby perch and just not very smart, so he got caught multiple times. Either way, I like the vertical stripes.
We also saw the heron again poking around the shore and walking slowly with legs bending backwards.
I love how the lily pads grow so close and pile on top of each other. I love their roundness and how the edges curl up a little.
It wasn't until thirty minutes before our fishing time was to end that we drove up to 9th Crow Wing Lake. I alway love crawling through the little channel that connects these two lakes. Either side is lined in lily pads and cat tails.
When we got back to the dock, Owen was quick to jump out of the boat and begin turning the wheel to raise the lift and the boat. He's getting so grown up!











No comments:
Post a Comment