Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Friday, July 9, 2010

Tennis!

One of the things I love the most while the kids are gone is that I can go watch Todd play tennis.  It doesn't matter how late we stay out and we don't need to arrange for a babysitter.

I love getting to tag along to watch Todd play tennis and hang out with the men on his team.  They are a fun group of guys and I enjoy getting to know them better.  I can understand why Todd enjoys spending so much time with these guys!  

Todd's partner in this match is Bob.  Todd calls him Dr. Bob because he is a master of the sport.  Bob can get to any ball and places it back exactly where he wants it to land.  Not bad for a sixty year old.  He impresses everyone with his skills.

A nasty storm blew through, but dropped very little rain.  Just dark skies and 40+ mph winds.

Before we left, we were rewarded with this rainbow.  It was gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails