Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Owen's Soccer Game

The team got their pics taken before the game started, so we had to show up extra early. 

I love that Owen's soccer team starts out with stretches before they practice or play any game.  Most people are pretty impressed with Owen's flexibility and how easy it is for him to do the splits.

They do a cheer and high fives before running out on the field to start the game.  
!!!GO SHARKS!!!

Owen is not shy when it comes to running into a group of kids to get a soccer ball.

And he is most excellent at maneuvering the ball away from his opponents.

I love how his arms fly out to balance himself with kicks.

Go Owen, go!

Not often that I see his tongue come out in concentration, but even better that I caught it with my camera!

Again with the arms out to the sides.  :)

Owen's coach thinks Owen rocks.  I love how he treats Owen like his own son and holds him close to talk to him about what's happening in the game and what he should look for while on the field.

Anyone lose a shoe?

At this point, Owen stopped pursuing the ball to retrieve his shoe.  The other team caught a break.  For a minute.

And then he was back, just dominating the ball with no one anywhere close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails