Love

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business.
What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy if anything can.

Thomas Merton (1915 - 1968)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Owen's Letter About Keeters

Owen gave us this letter the other night at dinner. He handed it to me first. I gave him a little bit of grief over the names. Dad and Mom? Who are they? :) I thought I was Mommy. Who is this Mom person? O just smiled and patiently waited for me to open and read the letter.


Tears rolled down my face as I read this. What a thoughtful letter from our seven year old boy, dealing with his grief the day after he was told that Keeters had died.
I love you so much.
Thank you for everything.
I am so sad that Keeters died.
God is the best he helped Keeters stay alive longer.
I miss him.


I don't know that I could have said it any better.

1 comment:

  1. oh kelley, tears are streaming down my face. what a sweet, sensitive, precious boy you have. a real treasure. assure him that keeters is in very good company ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails