Our art cabinet was the equivalent of a nationally declared disaster area (much like the counter above it last week, but we're not talking about that...it's cleaned up now and there is no proof that the counter top could not be seen. at all). I don't have any before pics because the kids were excited to jump in and get it cleaned up. Seriously! We had been talking about cleaning it up all of last week.
I tested positive for strep throat this past Monday and while I have ditched the sore throat, fever and body aches, I haven't gotten all of my energy back yet. So I sat, watched and supervised. The kids did all the work and got tons of praise. We did have one time out for each to go to their bedroom to have a cool down period to remember they don't have to fight and control, but can talk nicely. After that, they returned to the kitchen best of friends and finished the organizing in no time!
Coloring books all over the floor was part of the sorting and organizing process.
Everything was put into piles. Tattoos. Stickers. Crayons. Markers. Educational workbooks. Blank Paper. Coloring books. Scissors. Glue. Paint brushes.
Owen liked climbing into the cabinet once it was completely emptied before we started the ruthless process of pulling out items to donate to school or to recycle.
We cut the pile of coloring books by more than half. A couple went to the recycling bin because they were mostly used and the rest are going to school on Monday for the younger classrooms to use.
Here it is all clean. So many crayons and markers still, but they are all in their separate bins.
Yes, I realize it appears there is a mess on the counter above the dog dishes. But it is not. It is a massive folder of Chloe's artwork from the school year. Waiting to be inspected and sorted prior to distribution to the grandparents.





man, look at all those crayons! the real question though....how long will it stay looking like that? in my house it would last 5 mins, lol.
ReplyDelete