Christmas morning, I awoke to a text from Papa Ford at 6am telling me to wake up. I started to go back to sleep, but before turning over I decided to text back asking when he would be up to share Christmas with us (I was thinking 9am?). Papa immediately texted back that he was outside.
As I headed downstairs, I found a tearful Beanarina in the upstairs hallway. She thought Santa Clause hadn't brought her any presents.
I knew this wasn't true because Owen had woken me up at 4am to tell me about the letter from Santa to both kids and what was left for each.
We went downstairs to let Papa inside and admired all of the presents under the tree for our whole family who would be arriving throughout the morning.
Owen was going through new packs of Pokemon cards found in his stocking and Chloe was checking out the new Bey Blades battle arena.
Santa brought Chloe her very own Grown Up camera! She was immediately taking pictures of everyone and everything.
Owen was dancing with excitement over the morning.
He received many new books, but was most fascinated with this one.
Chloe got her own cookbook and was excited to start cooking for us one night a week, just like her brother!
Chloe was our Christmas elf and helped pull out presents and distribute them to the correct people. Because she knows how to read names!
Even though this shot is blurry, I love that it captures Owen and Jez running together through the house.
Jezzie was a trashy cat and had fun sneaking into the garbage bags filled with paper to recycle later.
Papa Ford and Chloe chilled together on the sofa while reading one of her new books.
And he also crawled down to the floor to battle with the kids and their new bey blades.
Todd strummed Owen's new guitar that Santa brought for him.
The Grandmas arrived and cookies were consumed while unwrapping presents because I didn't have breakfast ready terribly early.
We don't have many big family breakfasts, so this was nice. The kids LOVED being surrounded by grandparents! We had hoped Grandma Vicki and Aunt Kiki would have been over, but they arrived a bit later and ate our leftovers. We wished that Papa Wenzel and Grandma Sharon could have shared Christmas with us, as well as Grandma Sue. The kids feel there are really never too many grandparents around to spoil them.
After Grandma Vicki and Aunt Kiki arrived, the kids got more presents and were thrilled there were Minnesota Vikings clothes included!
Aunt Kiki got some new scarves for Christmas.
And then it started to snow.
Merry Christmas Maggie!
Grandma Vicki got a cool hanging rack with coffee cups. Looks like the colors will fit into her home perfectly!
It was a fun Christmas morning of opening presents and being with our family!























No comments:
Post a Comment